[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Nokia 9200 Mediamaster software + dvb98

> > Stephen John Diarmid wrote:
> >
> > > The above receiver is currently supplied with the FTA.01 software.
>
> > > Is this software version suitable for satellite viewers in
> Southern
> > > Africa?
> > >
> > > Alternatively,what is the best user friendly Nokia 9200
> mediamaster
> > > software for us here at the moment and where can we get it?
> > >
> > > Also please explain ,step by step, how the software /updates can
> be
> > > downloaded via pc for those of us that are not pc or Nokia
> literate?
> >

> > > Would this new "dr.overflow" software be the eventual answer to
> our
> > > Nokia software  problems in Southern Africa?
> > >
> > > Thankyou.
> > >
> > > Steve Diarmid

Dr.Dish:
Since this receiver is able to receive MPEG-2 (mcpc + scpc) on the c-
and ku-band, it would be a good choice. I canīt say anything about
receiving pay-tv, since we are not promoting this services.
"d-remote" is a fine software to control a Nokia-receiver in a simple
way via pc. To download new software "Transbox" would be the right
decision, since this program is easy to handle.
DVB98 from Dr.Overflow is a valuable piece of software for experiments
and not ready for daily use yet. It shows how software has to be written
for this receivers and allows fast and easy access to all FTA-services
and gives the user plenty of opportunities to play around with data of
the broadcasters and offers features like frozen pictures and slow
motion. It is also loaded by "Transbox".

Christian Mass (Dr.Dish)
Senior-Editor of TELE-satellite International
http://www.TELE-satellite.com
Producer of drdish@tv
http://www.drdish.com

[Other mailing lists|Sponsored by TELE-satellit]