[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Astra 1G in Lebanon

To my surprise, and out of pure luck, i was able to receive some
digital channels from astra 1G :

CSD at 12,581V and empty carrier at 12.633 H
Error Rate around 70

I am using a 1.8m Solid C/KU(Chapparal Feed) + Ku lnb .7 (California
Amplifiers)

But i can't receive the other channels ! Does this satellite have
several beams ? In your opinion, if i upgrade to a larger dish (2.3
offset ku only), would i be able to receive all 1G channels ?

Regards

Ghassan Tabet

Dr.Dish:
I just contacted the drdish-monitorstation on the island of Cyprus and got confirmation of the reception on txp. 110 and a sporadic signal on txp.119. Aa solid dish (240) is used for ku-band. Better results with a upgrade from 180 to 240 are not predictable. Only practical tests on location would give a correct answer. In your case I would wait until some of the information providers from satcodx come up with some practical results.

--
Christian Mass (Dr.Dish)
Senior-Editor of TELE-satellite International

[Other mailing lists|Sponsored by TELE-satellit]