[Prev][Next][Index]

Mobile satellite radio

Q:
for my study (telcoms) I need some information on mobile satellite
radio, receivalble in Europe. I do know about the US-systems CD-Radio
and AMR, but will be the same available in Europe in near future. Do you
know anything abot up/downlink-frequencies?
Nazir Dh., Berlin/Germany

Dr.Dish:
For WORLDSPACE-Radio 3 orbital slots are planned: 21 degr. E, 105 degr.E
and 95 degr.W. This means Europe will covered by 21 degr.E. The first
Launch is planned for june 1998 with a ARIANE. Uplink: 7025-7075 Mc and
downlink in the L-band 1467-1492 Mc. Six transponders will carry 72
channels, each with 128 kbps in Time division. The EIRP per channel is
30.2 dBW.
--
Christian Mass (Dr.Dish)
Senior-Editor of TELE-satellite International