[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Receiving digital channels in Egypt

Osama Hamad wrote:

> Dear sir,
>
>         First, I would like to commend on your web-site.
>
>         I live in Cairo, Egypt, and currently have a satellite resceiver Palcom
> Sl-7300-RP (Analogue) with a 2.4 m dish. What is the ideal system for
> receiving digital channels. How many channels would I receive. There is
> also a lot of talk around about receiving encrypted channels without
> subscribing. How is that possible.
>
> Thank you for your time.
>
> Best regards.

Dr.Dish:
First of all, you should read the free of charge Middle-East-News edited
by H. Room from Cairo <http:www.TELE-satellite.com> to be up to date
about programs received in your region.
Via the Eutelsats (Wideband) a lot of FTA-programming is available. Each
satellite you receive now analogue, carries digital signals. A list with
all data is available at <http://www.satcodx.com>. Off course, many
channels are encoded and you have to pay for the service. Digital
prirate-cards for different packages are flying around, but it is costly
and you have to face the risks.
To get a suitable receiver, just read the next issue (1-2/98) of
TELE-satellite-international. The magazine tested quite a lot of
different digital receivers. The receiver should be a real Free-to-Air,
like nokia 9200/9600, Lemon Volksbox or Strong 4000, able to receive
also scpc-signals.

Christian Mass (Dr.Dish)
Senior-Editor of TELE-satellite International
http://www.TELE-satellite.com
Producer of drdish@tv
http://www.drdish.com

[Other mailing lists|Sponsored by TELE-satellit]